Thread: Goodyear Tires
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 01:31 PM   #17
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
Sailun's are on the Montana line because they are less expensive.I dd not say not as good I said less expensive by changing from G614 to Sailuns Keystone saved very big bucks. I would purchase either brands.Sailuns were a hassle to get when we were replacing our G614's but the G614 were on the shelf. BTW two Montana's not a tire problem regardless of brand and 4 previous TT's not a tire problem.......yet.

Rich, I see many voice their concerns about availability. I only make the argument is because they are not hard to get at all.

Not even sure why I bother to debate this Goodyear, Sailun tire thing. My reasoning ,I guess ,is I was around when those G614's were blowing up, and tearing up our fifth wheels. They were pretty much the only game in town for a G rated RV tire at one time Many were also going to an LT truck tire at the time for an alternative to the cheap OEM ST tires that were coming on our fifth wheels , that were also blowing up ,and tearing things up. But the LT's never covered the weight rating of our 7K axles, and that was a concern.

Now we do have a choice with the Sailun, and as much as some fight the idea of a tire made in China, there is no denying its a quality tire, and time has proven that now . Another thing some should consider , its been reported that the Sailun will be building two plants in the US.Hopefully the prices will remain somewhat the same, and thats wishful thinking .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote