View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 04:21 AM   #34
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I have a CWP. Most times I have my weapon with me. Yes, I have carried it in other states regardless of their laws. Yes, I probably broke the law. Needless to say(I will not elaborate I will just say US military)I am very well trained in using my weapon(s) and not stupid enough to get caught carrying a loaded weapon when I shouldn't be. Would I ever use it, YES! - but only to protect life. Have I used it, I will not answer that question. What do I think about others carrying - I am of the opinion anyone bad or good could be carrying so in bad situations I treat others as though they are armed. Most times we travel with our dog that is very well trained and would protect me and my family to her death. In most cases, our dog could neutralize the situation in very short order without me ever resorting to pulling my weapon.

Is this a hard stance, yes it is. Do I believe the world can be a bad place, yes I do. Does my family know I carry a weapon, yes they do. Each is trained in the use of a 12 gauge shotgun and my handgun of choice. I fully understand that my position probably offends most people. It offends my dad. But, like it was stated earlier in this thread – “I would rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six.” Besides, growing up in the south I don’t recall knowing one person that didn’t have at least a 12 gauge shotgun.

“People who are willing to give up freedom for the sake of short term security, deserve neither freedom nor security. “
—Benjamin Franklin

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote