View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 04:56 PM   #30
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Well, we made it home. Cheryl was mostly sick this weekend, but we still enjoyed our anniversary weekend looking at RVs... just curtailed some activities due to her tiring quickly.

I have been a hunter all my life and I feel comfortable with all kinds of guns. Some people don't and I try to respect their uneasiness.

If someone tries to pull an anti-gun stance on me, I divert the conversation to something else ("How 'bout those Steelers!"). Neither side will win that arguement (have you EVER converted someone with an anti-gun opinion to your side? I know they would never convert me. So all you have is two angry people, who thinks the other one is a jerk, and who have now BOTH convinced themselves that they have an even stronger position, because they presented such a FANTASTIC monologue (monologue because - don't notice if you have seen one of these - both are talking and neither are listening. "Politician" may come to mind.).

I have too many other things that I can get excited about, that I can change. I really don't like getting lathered up over something that I will have no power to convince someone of.

I'd be a terrible picketer at a demonstration...

Rich, that's a good looking bird. Doesn't seem like it would harm a fly. Sure you're not poking it with a stun gun when Helen's not around???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote