View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #18
Good Life
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohowanderlust View Post
Hello everyone, We are fairly new to this group so I hope I'm posting this in the right place We own a 2017 High Country Montana 340BH, purchased new off the lot 5 months ago in April.

Has anyone ever experienced being shocked when stepping up into their Montana? We arrived at our current campground on Monday...after plugging in and leveling...I went to drop down the steps and our dog approached the steps before me and yelped...at the time I thought she may have been stung by a bee or stepped on something that hurt her. I didn't realized she was shocked until last Thursday when our son and dog were shocked as they came into the RV. The dog stepped on the step and yelped from the shock and my son who was wearing sandals touched the side of the Side Out and was also shocked on his hand. We are also experiencing the microwave/kitchen outlet tripping the OUTSIDE breaker switch. The inside breakers are not tripping. We are also plugged into a 30 amp post which we are using a 50 to 30 converter, which we have done before...and are aware of our indoor usages.

We posted to our FB group and was given some advice as to check electrical connection, check the surge protector, check all grounding pins, check pins at rear of RV, purchase a plug in electrical tester and tested all outlet. Which we did and found nothing wrong. We called into the RV park and they came out and tested the post...all checked out normal. We called in a mobile RV repair service on Friday and they went through the Converter box and found nothing out of the norm. Since the shock has been intermittent and we were unable to reproduce it he concluded that there is a short "somewhere" in our RV. And said since it's fairly new, sometimes during manufacturing a screw can accidentally be touching a wire.

We are currently miles from our dealer...and we are already scheduled to have some other repairs done with them in two weeks...which I have to say I am extremely surprised of the amount of repairs that have to be attended to already and we've only owned it 5 months, compared to a 10 year old trailer we traded in for this.

Anyway, I did a search and haven't found any other posts of this nature and thought I'd ask to see if anyone has experienced this and what was the outcome of their findings. Thanks in advance for your help!
Why not bring it to your dealer for service?
2016 3721RL
Good Life is offline   Reply With Quote