View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #22
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Great discussion, but I would refer everyone back to the Mission Statement for this website. (It's on the Homepage.). I guess you could protract "enjoying the RV Lifestyle" to include lobbying for better service, but I think it is a stretch. We have been on the forum since 2004, and have attended all of the Goshen rallies. Anyone who has been around over that period of time knows that Keystone listens. (Do the terms Quest and remote thermostat ring a bell)? That being said, much of the satisfaction (not all), is dependent on the dealer and their capabilities. Now, let me add another example - tires. Montana offers G series tires as an option. If they were to offer them standard, many people would compare the price of a unit without G series tires to the Montana. Many people still buy solely on price. It's the same reason that Montana has gone to the Residential/Legacy package. That $6000 option keeps people out of the Montana line. We had the opportunity to see Jason Gill, head of the Montana line, at the Denver show. When you talk to him, you know that they are trying to balance value/features and price. They know the price range they sell in, the features they have to have and then they balance that with the options people want. I know there are people that have had unfortunate issues with their units, and sometimes Keystone hasn't stepped up. I know this happens with other expensive products also. I had an issue with a Ford truck back in 1986. I've never bought another one based on the way they handled it. I know Ford makes good trucks and that they usually handle the customer's expectations. If I had the same issue with Montana, they probably wouldn't have my third Montana being built right now.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote