View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 02:29 PM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Ray and Judy, nice to hear from folks with whom we have so much in common. We have the 2002 Chevy Duramax with Allison as you do and we have the 2955 RL Montana. Ours is the 2002 model, so I can't make any specific comments about the 2001 model. But I can say that we made the choice of the 2955 for its many good features and remain convinced that it is our pick of the Montanas. FIRST, we prefer a 5/wheel in the 30-32 length to longer trailers as we are NOT full timers and prefer to tow and park the RV we have. SECOND, all essential services inside the trailer are available with slides in the full "IN" position. We often stop for lunch (even breakfast) and can get to the refrig, bathroom, and stove easily. THIRD, we like the sliding doors between the bedroom and bath, as well as the doors between the bath and the living room. Most of our use is with just the two of us, and that is a far more desireable bedroom/bath arrangement than the "suites" now in the vogue. On the few occasions when we have overnight guests the bathroom becomes a "pass through" bath with privacy on both sides. FOURTH, we very much like the reclining chairs, the large rear window and the convenient location of the TV.

We have traveled over 24000 miles with this Montana and spent over 150 nights in it, and we still feel we made the right choice. All this to say, I hope you will like your Montana 2955 RL as much as we do. This has become long enough for one response, but I will add another to this thread maybe even tonight.

dw
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote