View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #30
BUBBA-NONNIE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19549
Norcold Refrigerator

I wanted to pass on to my fellow RVers what I found out about the Norcold 4 door residential refrigerator. My refrigerator is in a 2017 Montana 3000RE. I feel pretty stupid for posting this since I pride my self in how well I can problem solve. Ha.
I have been having trouble for about 2 years getting my refrigerator to cool below 42-45 degrees F. I have installed a new exhaust fan. Little to no improvement. The insulation was missing around the unit. Installed the installation. I finally read the comments from someone on this website or Keystone RV forum and the information did the trick. I had the freezer set on 9 thinking that was helping the refrigerator, but it was causing the refrigerant to vaporize. When I closed the left door I thought the middle seal was engaging on right door, but it was not. I lowered the temperature set point on the front of the refrig to 5 and made sure the right door was sealing and in an hour the temperature was 33 degrees F.
The only thing is that the sealing "flap" that is on the left door that pivots when closed, I have to manually position it before closing the right door.

I am not sure who wrote the previous post. I want to thank you for the education that I received from you post.
BUBBA-NONNIE is offline   Reply With Quote