View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #8
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdinsley View Post
One of our first trips this year will be a two day drive one way and were not planning on stopping in an area where we can plug in overnight. With that being said does anyone have any experience with this configuration and how long can we go on 12V battery power only just supplying the refrigerator . Will it last the two days or is that two long
I have a residential fridge in my rig and have done exactly what you are about to do. First thing to remember is, its a residential fridge. Once it has reached temp you can lose power and the fridge will still keep everything fine for several days as long as you don't open the doors. Think about losing power at home. You food doesn't go bad overnight.

This is what I do if I spend the night at Flying J or WalMart.
First, I lower the landing gear while the truck is running and the umbilical is plugged into the truck.
Second, I turn off the truck and unplug the umbilical.
Third, I turn off the inverter.

Now I have battery power for lights, some furnace time if needed, water pump if I'm carrying water, etc without worry.

The fridge and your food will be fine. Don't forget to turn the inverter back on before you leave the next morning. I forgot one time and guess what ? Nothing happened. Everything was still fine.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote