View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 05:06 AM   #6
bowlesj
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18569
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
I have the legacy with all those options. It happened to be the only one I could find at the time that had a generator. My opinion on these options:

In-Command: so far no problems, but the system scares me a little. The cell phone app is nice. There is a lot of discussion on the forum about this.

Electric Reel: Save your money; I'd prefer a detachable cord.

Camera: I like it and use it all the time.

Rear Fiberglass cap: It's pretty, but no value other than cosmetic.

In command is awesome. It's just a simple system of remote operated relays. I chose to get it on our unit because I am familiar with the ancient relay controls and figured it'd be good training for helping others with the system, which has proven to be true. The design of application by Keystone is weak because half the lights are still standard switches.

If the touch pad goes bad, if the bluetooth radio goes bad, etc what are you going to do? Have to buy a new or used one. Maybe someone will have the ability to repair but not likely.

So how is this different than the MFD or touch pad control in current, trains, planes, automobiles, motorcycles, treadmills, etc?

The relay function is basic, so nothing to be scared of. To me, the ability to watch controlled items such as slides and awnings operate up close for troubleshooting or inspections when using the phone for intitiating the movement is priceless. Try that by yourself with a simple toggle switch when checking alignment or cylinder stop contact points on the driver side hydraulic slide.

PS - instructions to disable the passcode are attached. Should work on all pro plus systems, probably others too.

John - 2016 3820FK
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Disable passcode.pdf (133.6 KB, 247 views)
bowlesj is offline   Reply With Quote