View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #77
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
This is what my fear is as well, that it might be too much for the 150A breaker, and most likely too much for the wire going to the breaker, and from the breaker to the disconnect. That's fixable in the grand schema of things, just by changing those cables out to bigger ones. But, I still don't want that. I want this disconnect to only be the inverter.

As someone who works in manufacturing, I do NOT understand how two units could be different. There has to be a CORRECT (engineered) way to do this, and it makes no sense to me why one would be different than the next. I could see things like the wire ties not always in the same place. But when it comes to "mission" critical items like this, I just don't understand how they could be different.

Noncomprehendible...
150 amp breaker/fuse/etc should be plenty to protect all 12vdc circuits. Under full load, the reefer when defrosting might pull 4-5 amps on the AC side. This might convert to 60-75amps on the DC side. If we add what might be max for the hydraulic pump which is normally very momentary, I think that it would be highly unlikely to overload a 150amp fuse/breaker. A re-settable breaker might be ideal. Like a Bussmann CB185-150 150 Amp Type III Circuit Breaker