View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 03:47 AM   #18
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Jolu,

Outstanding presentation of your system. We had a very similar set-up on the rig we just traded in. I too did the entire installation and must say that what you described was pretty close to how I installed ours which took a good 6 to 12 months of constant research until I got everything down right.

Now the question I have is that with our new rig I was thinking of installing a new solar system on our tow vehicle's roof and putting all the components (batteries, inverter, charge controller, etc.) in the garage box and then creating a hook-up to the trailer similar to to a shore power hook-up.

Have you every seen something like this? What do you think the possibilities are?

The reason for this thinking is that I would not have to modify the new rig at all and can keep the entire solar system on our permanent MDT so if we decided to trade our rig in down the road we do not have to do it all over again like we are going to now.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Regards,

Les