View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #51
CamoGreg
Established Member

M.O.C. #19718
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
CamoGreg,

Glad it is working out so well for you. Similar to you we have a motorcycle and jet ski plus a few more toys. As I have mentioned, Grand Design while a little better built missed the mark badly with a shorter garage (Lord knows I tried everything I could to convince them to make it longer to no avail) was also 30K higher priced! Needless to say I can do a LOT of repairs to the keystone for that much difference. Besides we actually prefer that the Keystone does not have a slide in the middle of the awnings. Having that much awning space is great! After all don't you buy a camper with the idea of spending a lot of time on the outside of it???
The long dual awning is very nice. There's a few things I'd like to see different. Like the black and grey tanks.
I ditched the cheap kitchen chairs right off and replaced with padded bench seats for more inside storage space.

I'm fulltime living in mine. Cold northern climate. The low level in the kitchen tends to stay cold. You're idea of it raised with a basement would not only give it more room, but help with that as well.

The shades and windows are great. I have a blue flame heater installed that is helped much by the ceiling fan.

While I originally considered a W/D combo, I decided against it. Not wanting to have that weight with the possibility of a water leak too. I've shelved that cabinet and it became quite valuable as storage.

I weighed the rig when I first brought it home. Once it's completely set-up, I'll hit the scales again. A little extra cargo capacity would be nice. I think adding an additional sub floor and the ability to carry more cargo would probably tax the GVW as well.

The floor plan, with all those windows to let in natural light, really gives the rig a spacious feel inside.

I've also added several hook racks since there isn't a good place to hang coats and jackets. Planning to modify those rear skinny cabinets in the bedroom too. They can be more usable.

It may be a challenge to keep the weight down the way I plan to use this rig. But isn't that always the case?
CamoGreg is offline   Reply With Quote