Thread: Dealer Ratings
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 08:29 AM   #257
MOODY
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24936
Repair procedure

I believe most concerns are related to Montana's Company repair process. I recently had my unit in for warranty repair and immediately noticed that the repair order did not list any diagnosis procedure to make any repairs. The factory pays for warranty repairs w/o requirement for any steps or procedures listed to determine the failed component.
If no repair steps are listed on the repair order how is one to determine if the correct part was replaced or if the repair shop was "shotgunning" the repair. Throw enough parts at the repair and it will fix itself! Let alone if you are traveling and need additional repairs and the next repair shop has no idea what tests were performed and the outcome and must start from ground zero.
It is impossible to hold the shop accountable for improper diagnosis if its impossible to determine how the technician arrived to the conclusion of a part failure.
I was with a Ford repair shop for over 20 years and Ford would have never paid a warranty claim if a claim was listed and the repair stated merely "replaced Regulator for failure". What was required was the tests performed and the results to determine the conclusion of said failed component. Failure to do so and Ford would have denied the claim.
For every repair on rv's Montana should have a testing procedure and a flow chart to assist the technician to determine the correct diagnosis for repair and written on the RO. W/O this the factory will continue to have under qualified technicians attempting repairs with dissatisfied customers.
How does Montana and a customer hold a dealer/technician accountable for misdiagnosis of a repair if the repair order does not contain the proper information that determined diagnosis? The repair order is a legal document completed by the technician as to his/her steps followed from start to finish.
Only when Montana starts requiring that a technician list the diagnosis steps taken which requires him/her to research the repair process will the skill level rise to the automotive industry. What I have seen in my repair visits places the rv industry compared to automotive industry approx. 25 years ago!

Kevin & Pat Moody
2020 Montana 3701LK, Legacy Package, Satellite, Solar, Generator, 2019 Ford F350 Dually, BD5F Trailer Saver, 12' Trailer with Kayak Rack, Polaris General XP 4 1000
MOODY is offline   Reply With Quote