Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 05:24 PM   #12
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny and Angie Miller View Post
Thank you for the improvements and innovative ideas over the years. Some were home runs, others not so much. Over all we have been very happy with our 2017 HC 353RL, but there are a couple items I would like Keystone to do better with.

1st, condensation. A/C condensation pools at the back corners of the roof, then runs down the trim channel at the back. This allows water to seep into the screw holes. I'm not sure how this escaped the design / testing phases but it was a major miss, IMO.

2nd, switches. Who puts a switch for a hitch light inside the coach??? Why wouldn't the switch be located somewhere outside??? Most of the switches in the control panel area, under the wine rack, and on the theater seating slide seem as if their was absolutely zero thought given to their placement.

I realize some problems that many have can be traced back to a specific manufacturer, (lippert, thetford, dometic, and so on...) and while covered by warrranty, are not the fault of Keystone design / workmanship. That is not true of the above listed items.

Thanks for a great product over all.
We bought a 370BR and have only been able to go out 1 week, but are leaving for another tomorrow. After the week, I had the dealer add slide covers and gave a small list of needs. Nothing major so far, but the MCD blinds in my Cougar were great, in the Montana I'm waiting on the 4th to be replaced. All blinds will be replaced later with something better. I also notice the AC condensation coming along the trim and will add caulk to what is already there in the rear. The next 10 days will see how the dealer addressed the noted problems and if anything else is found.
We will be on the road the month of November and again January through March. I will say, I had zero problems with the Cougar and at the end of the 1st year only a fender skirt needed replaced. The trim installation in the Cougar was completed much more professionally too. Still happy~~
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote