Thread: WAXING
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 03:35 PM   #9
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Hey everyone,
I found a solution for removing the bugs from the front cap and it's simple and fairly reasonable in cost.
First I wax the front cap two to three times a year so it has good protection from the sun and resists some of the bug trouble. (Use a good wax)
I purchased Meguiars Quick Mist & Wipe Detailer from Walmart. When I finish a days drive and if it is allowed in the campgrounds, before I hook up the fresh water to the rig I spray off the cap to remove any grit or sand. After I dis-connect my truck from the rig I back it up far enough that I can stand on the tail gate and with a small ladder we carry so my wife can reach the high cabinets. Then I spray it with this Mequiars Detailer and wipe it off with a couple clean towels like the directions say. Low and behold these bugs come off really easy. It also helps protect for the next trip. I was like everyone else I had my doubts when my brother-in-law told me about this stuff, I was also afraid I would scratch the fibre glass, believe me it doesn't. Make sure you wet it down good with the detailer, I use one rag to remove the bugs and the other to dry and polish. I do it in small sections, maybe 3' x 3'. It really works great and does put on a nice shine.

I hope this helps,

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote