View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #21
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Hi Ozz, I posted them sometime ago...

Previous post was of a snap switch...those are self resetting, trips at a predesigned temp and will automatically close when temp drops below trip zone.

This "kit" is intended to "box" the hazard in metal so install puts metal underneath, across back, around burner and across the front.

There is a flame fuse that gets added as well to the propane solenoid actuation signal loop in series with that snap switch.
-Snap switch monitors the Tube temperature and serves to shut propane if too hot.
- Flame fuse sits in path so if fire comes out of Tube it shuts propane supply. (you can see it in previous rogue posted pic in that hook on back added plate).

On edit...I believe that (same rogue after pic with cover off) extra shielding that gets added if not done delicately disturbs the electric element and can generate premature failure...its a bear to get inserted, I did it on my unit and tried to be very gentle.

**Should you need more info I have the install manual...I will have to dig it out as I think its buired in my basement.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote