View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 04:55 AM   #2
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
We also traded a Crossroads Cruiser for our Monty. Our reason for trading was the fact that we had a lot of issues with the Cruiser. We had it four years and there was always something. The Monty so far seems to be of better quality.

The Cruiser had a better floor plan, with a wider staircase, a wider hallway, and a closet in the hallway (great place for the cat box!). What we like about our Monty is the 12 cf RV fridge, the roller blinds which make the place nice and dark and keep out the sun, and the king bed. We changed out the mattress for a Brentwood RV King from Amazon and just love it! Not expensive and easily the most comfortable mattress we have ever slept on.

I have seen the front kitchen model at the RV show. The kitchen is amazing! What turned us off was the lack of basement storage space. I believe that this is only with that model and is because the front of the trailer (that is, the higher part) is shorter than in models with a front bedroom and bathroom. This gives less room for underneath storage. It's a compromise, I guess.

As for filling the fresh water tank, ours has a switch where the city water is hooked up. You flip that and it fills up the fresh water tank. Check to see if you have that as well.

As for the awning, ours is not over the slide, but we very seldom have it out. DH is afraid it will get damaged in the wind.

As for the shower door, we are having trouble keeping the handles on, so we will have to work on that.

As for overall quality, all brands have issues, none is better than any others. It's the luck of the draw.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote