Thread: Bike Racks
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #9
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
OK in reply to what fiver I have. Up until April of this yr. we had the 2007 3400RL. When I retired we wanted to look into getting new to start on the full timing. I have been with this forum since we bought it brand new in Oct. 2006. Had several problems with it and kept fixing them and more just kept coming up. I'm not upset with Keytstone or anyone else we just wanted new in hopes of less problems. We went out and tried to deal with several dealers on a brand new 3400RL and the lot price is what they told us was the going price and this was in not ideal times. Needless to say I was not going to pay lot price with no dickering what so ever. So I am now a SOB that is almost exactly like the 3400. and for 10 grand less. Anyway, got off the subject here. I headed out with the new 5er without a hitch installed, so I didn't bring my bikes with us. My mistake but I want to have a bike but really have no place to haul them, without some kind of fabrication done. Back home had welder and everything to do it, but didn't really think I needed them. So I am trying to go with an economical way of doing this.

Thats the reason I no longer have the 5er in my signature. Have become pretty reliant on the vast experience in here and like the forum a bunch.

I seen a bike rack that was hooked to a 5er down here in Gulf State Park and it come off the pin box in the front. Been trying to find it on the internet but for some unknown reason I have not been able to find it. Its just a bolt on to the pin box and come out away from trailer but clear of the truck. This would be a very easy install for me also. Anyone know where I can check into this?

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote