View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 02:33 AM   #49
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We saw the problem last fall when we did a plant tour of a SOB RV. They use metal straps (2 per tank, I believe) to support all the water/liquid holding tanks on their units.

Immmediately, Al and I looked at each other and knew, after reading the forum for so long, just what the problem was. We have discussed this several times since with sales reps and people high up at Keystone. One acted as if this was a eye opening piece of information.

For quite some time we have been reluctant to travel with liquids, fresh water or other wise. Long ago, on this forum, FlaNative had trouble, and found that the tank was unsupported, she fixed herself, and supported the tank with wood. Then the Denners had their fresh water tank fall out in Alaska. There are a number of other examples. Being basically lazy and not wanting to deal with such messes, Al and I have been very careful about not filling the tanks and not traveling with much in them.

These are our opinions and our actions, just reporting how we do it. Not attempting to offend, JOHO.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote