View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 10:15 PM   #1
tomgasta

M.O.C. #19968
50 Amp, 30 Amp and 15/20 Amp AC Power Problem!

I just purchased a 2017 3820FK Montana. While at the dealer, we had them connect the AC Power (50 Amp) to work some of the AC only items. It was all working fine, including both Air Conditioners. When I got home, I purchased a 50 to 30 Amp Adapter and a 30 to 20/15 Adapter. In using my outlets at the House and Shop, and using the 2 adapters, I am unable to get the 120 volt, 15/20 Amp power to the RV using the new Shore Line.

In using a Voltmeter, everything looks right. I have 120 volts through the Extension Cord, through the 20 amp to 30 amp Adapter. We had 120 on both "Hot" plugs using the "Ground" pin. Then I plugged in the Shore Line from the 30 Amp to 50 Amp cable and now had 120 VAC on ground to TWO of the 3 pins on the end of the Shore Line Cable. I expected this as the 30 to 50 adapter only powers 2 of the 3 plugs on the 50 Amp cable. However, when plugging the Shore Line into the Montana, there seems to have no AC power in the RV. NOTE: This RV has the "Generator Prep" but does not have the generator yet. Could this be a problem with the Transfer Switch??

I was only wanting to run lower current to test some of the things in the RV. Like TVs, Satellite Dish, etc. No Air Conditioning, No fridge, etc. It really didn't matter because there was no power at all.

Anybody have any ideas? I looked at all the fuses and breakers in the Panel in the RV, everything looks fine.

Thanks,

Tom and Stacey
tomgasta is offline   Reply With Quote