View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 08:42 AM   #48
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenw View Post
Yes, my rims are rated for 110psi. I can't disagree with the Sailuns resent reviews, they seem to be very good. The problem that I have is with Tredit (Sailuns manufacturer). My perception is that they put out (except Sailuns) a poor product and when the reviews pile up they simply change their name to something new. The Raineer tires that I replaced are on sale on E Bay for 99.00 new, delivered. When you reverse engineer that number Tredit is only putting in +-20.00US material and labor into the tire. The Sailuns are different and for the additional 50-75.00 per tire I decided on the G 614. Of course everyone's situation/preferences'/needs are different. Question: How was your experience with the 614's?

Curious to where you bought your G614's ,and paid $210-235 per tire , that would have been the price if you paid $50-75 more then the cost of a Sailun tire. I paid $635.01 out the door for a set of four Sailun S637 ST 235/85/16 G rated. Last I checked the G614's were just double the price of the Sailun S637.

My experience with the G614's were okay, no problems, common problem with the Goodyears G614's beside a history of blowouts is there concave wear on both sides of the tire where they are smooth. Mine aged out before they got bad enough to have to be replaced. As said the G614's at the time were the only game in town when I bought them .Sailuns had not been out very long, and were unknown, certainly not the case now.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote