View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 AM   #45
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
[QUOTE=Kenw;1060726]Just a "newbie" comment but let me put it this way. You will spend 50-100K on a new Montana and then want to find a "great deal" on tires. It amazes me that I see comments like all over the universe LT-vs-ST, E-vs-G, 100-vs-300 dollar tires. Yes, I paid 300.00 per tire to replace my new Raineer tires that came with my Montana HC (2017 HC 370BR, 12960 GVW), 5 days after getting it. Call it insurance, call it peace of mind, call to not having to deal with major repairs at the absolute wrong time, call it sleeping at night, I don't care what you call it. There are virtually zero negative comments on the G 614, I wanted the best and I believe that that is what I got. Did I over pay by 100.00/tire, maybe. The old adage still applies to everything today, 'you get what you pay for". We will see in 5-10 years from now.[/QUOTE

As far as negative comments, G614's have a better reputation now then they once did, they had a lot of issues. I bought mine in 2010 knowing that, but they were pretty much the only game in town. That is not the case now.

I sure have to disagree on G614 being the best, just reading reviews the Sailuns in the past 5 years have proven to be the better tire then the G614's ever were. This is not counting the countless reports on forums about them. But to each his own.

12960 GVWR ,and a G rated tire I would assume you have checked your wheels ,and they are rated for 110 psi ? Or did you have to replace your wheels ?

On edit, your Fifth is about 14K on GVWR, so the G rated tires do make more sense.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote