View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 02:18 AM   #1
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
2015 Chevy Silverado

I have been seriously looking at upgrading to a 2015 Silverado 3500 dually now that they are taking orders. My main hold up is Reese. I have a Reese Signature Series 18K hitch that I would like to transfer over to the new truck. I contacted Reese's headquarters to see if they knew whether the mounting rail system for the 2014 HD trucks would fit. Their answer: No, they didn't know and it would be September (give or take) before they had a rail kit out for it. OK, I can accept that, since it's a new truck. However I asked if I brought them the truck (they are only about 20 miles from me), if they could measure it and see. Their response: take it to a dealer and let them try it.

(Dragging out the soapbox here.) What the heck? A customer offers to work with you to help see if your product will fit and you turn them away? I was really taken aback by this. Here was a chance for them to see if new tooling or modifications would be needed for a large share of their market sales and they blew it off. The body style for the 2015 is different for the 2015, but I suspect the floor bed is a carry over part and I know the frame is. What the issue is, when the frame rails are mounted, you have to measure from the fenderwell in and the end edge of the bed to determine where to drill the four holes in the bed. If these dimensions have changed, you end up drilling holes in the wrong spot. This would have been an opportunity for Reese to do the measurements and know one way or the other if the measurements would carry over or not, and if not, what they should be. But no, they aren't interested. I like Reese products, but once again, their customer service has proven to be one of the worst around. (Soapbox removed.)

I know that Curt has a hitch out that they claim will fit, I just didn't want to buy (and learn) a whole new system.

I am trying the shotgun approach to this problem. I have just emailed a version of this post to every email contact I can find for Reese's parent company, Cequent Performance Products. I'll post back any responses I recieve.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote