View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Mud Flaps, oh boy...

I am looking for some ideas for some pretty good sized Mud Flaps. The problem is the specs. I am trying to honor a requirement from a company and I am actually looking for some mud flaps that are for my SRW Ford Truck that extends down so that there is only 4" clearance from the ground to the bottom of the flap. I have air bags and the stance currently has 22" of gap so these babies will have to drop down about 18" (WOW).

Most aftermarket mudflaps don't even come close and leaves an 8" to 10" gap which is considered by some companies to be too high allowing debris to damage a towable.

If anyone has a picture of their solution and can describe the gap, I'd appreciate it. I anticipate the flaps will be homemade as will the brackets and I'm curious if others have done this and would share their solutions especially with a picture or two. I'm also trying to avoid spending over $200 for the removable "Rock Tamer" style because they are expensive, cover the connectors and I would prefer a permanently fixed solution.

Please no comments on their lack of need or I picked the wrong brand of truck, etc. since this is not my requirement, but theirs.

Thanks in advance.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote