Thread: Problems
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #9
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Since when did it become the responsibility of the Dealer to provide QC to Keystone. More and more units are leaving the factory it seems with many issues that would not exist if there was proper QC at the factory. I always thought the PDI was intended more as an "education/orientation" for the new owner. Of course all systems should be confirmed to be working but what dealer would expect to see this crap coming out of the factory.

I am sure I got the lowest man on the totem pole assigned to do my orientation, he had no clue except he was able to find a power cable and plug the unit in, beyond that we were the ones who picked up a couple of small issues which were subsequently dealt with by the dealer before we left the lot.

Everyone will encounter problems along the road with their RV, we expect that but to answer Richfa's question "what is considered minor or minimal".
What the OP experienced is neither of those, it is instead "criminal" and should not be happening, we should expect more from the factory and the dealer.
Minor or Major problems are somewhat dependent on one's ability to make adjustments and repairs on their own, what is minimal to me will most certainly be a major inconvenience to someone else who "must" have someone else do the work or take it to a dealer for repair.
I have had my 3402RL now for 3 years, Keystone could not "give" me a new unit, I have experienced frame flex (Major problem), repaired using the "field repair" method. I have had "many" minor problems some dealt with under warranty and others I fixed myself.
I have fixed or repaired so much on this unit, it is just the way I want it now and I will not be starting over again.

Have waited now 1 full month for the dealer to get a response back from Keystone regarding my roof, this is not a use issue it is just plain poor workmanship and QC. Guess I might have to fix that myself as well.

I really like my Montana, what I dislike is Keystone and their lack of taking responsibility for the work they put out the door when the fault obviously lies at their feet. Should we expect the dealer to correct Keystone factory workers screw ups and even find them all in a PDI.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote