View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
Yes, I removed the original single cable input outside & added a dual cable input w/hinged covers. Also added two more cable jacks (plates) inside the ET center. Could have got by with one plate w/2 jacks, but the cable/sat connection in the basement was an after thought. Connected the outside jacks to the ET center jacks w/RG6, & RG6 to the sat receiver & Winegard video switch, & RG6 again back out to the TV's. That switch has 5 inputs & 3 outputs - 2 TV's & a VCR. Used the VCR output for the 3rd TV in the basement.

I then ran the RG6 & phone line thru the basement (up near the floor joists & around the step box, covered w/split plastic cable shield) to the curb side. Bored a 3/4" hole in the basement wall (curbside photo, just above & left of drain pipe), ran the shielded wires thru that & back into the new boxes in the wall. Ended up a neat install, & not looking like a Rube Goldberg thing. Really hafta look in the basement to even notice the cable shield. I also used the same run of cable shield to carry the Romex from the 110v box (GFCI) on the curbside back over to the 110v outlet (mounted up by the joists) on the driver side. LOT less hassle than trying to find a way to snake all that stuff inside the rig, from one side to the other.

Works good; just gotta remember to turn the antenna booster off when watching satellite (or cable, for that matter). Like I said, I've had all 3 (antenna, sat, cable) hooked up at the same time - just push a button to seitch between them...
worknomore is offline   Reply With Quote