View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 05:57 PM   #9
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Tom,

That picture was when we were down in Ozark, Alabama. We’d have moved the rig, or the dish, to make sure we got a clean sky. Right now, we’re in Luray, Virginia, and have a great southern exposure. My neighbor’s dish gets a great signal.

CW had a sale on a folding dish, with a base that has a compass and level in it. The sale ended yesterday, but we were able to get the sale price, anyway! It’s got the Dual LNB, so we’re OK, there.

The problem I’m having is that this rig has only one connector for both Satellite and TV. You have to swap cables on the inside to get directly to the receiver. I can’t find a replacement DUAL connector plate to swap with that single one. I may call Keystone. They may have some advice.

I found that TiVo can’t use a cell phone. The TiVo website said as much. Maybe a future generation of TiVo. But not the latest ones.

Meanwhile, I have one of those short flat cables that allows feeding signals through a window frame. Until I find a neat way to get a double connector plate on the side of the rig, that will have to do.

When and if we upgrade to a roof-mounted dish, it will definitely have a dual LNB!

Thanks for the advice and help!

Steve

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lightningjack11

Word of caution about Direct TV. Your pix shows a lot of trees and the signal will not go through trees. Makes sure there are no trees at about 200-220 degrees. The signal will go through heavy rain but not trees. You will also lose your signal when a thunderstorm gets between you and the SAT.

TIVO will work with a single input but you lose half the capability.

I installed a roof mount antenna on mine but it is a single output. I plan on changing heads soon so I can carry 2 receivers on the trips. Phone lines are not essential for the regular receivers.
You can get PPV by requesting movies by internet.
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote