Thread: Tuner Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #12
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richard66

Didn't you purchase and install the tuner for more performance. More performance sometimes costs more money. Your turbo probably did not fail as a direct effect from the added performance derived from the tuner. Maybe you just used the additional power more often without considering additional temperature effects. The new trucks have plenty of power stock. If you are stock your dealer will take care of you under warranty. Add a tuner and tell the dealer that you installed it to get better performance and they will laugh you off the lot on a warranty claim.
I have Edge A2 (Discontinued). It has 5 levels plus stock, which you can change on the fly, but only level 1 or 2 can be used pulling, and level 4 and 5 can't be used without upgrading the drive train. The thing I like the best is the transmission shifts better, and of course a little more power if you need it. I have it programmed for least amount of smoke. Also there is a feature to back down power if the EGT gets to high, which I have never seen.

Of all the mods I have done, exhaust brake and Aux Transmission have given me the most improvement for towing.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote