View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 06:46 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Bule ox bedsaver and other stuff

Had a talk with Blue ox this morning and found out that they NO LONGER manufacturer the bed saver. They stopped manufacturer two months ago. The reason was low sales due to folks saying there is no need for a bed saver as they could never drop their 5th wheel. He also said that they have been getting many calls since then from folks wanting to order the bed saver or expressing disappointment that they no longer make them...Go figure.

Why was I talking to Blue Ox. I purchased a Hensley trailer saver BD3 air hatch and wanted to know if my present bed saver would fit or can be modified to fit.. We are working on that.

Why did we purchase the trailersaver air hitch. We now have the drawtite/Reese 16 K hitch that is over 10 years old and thought it was time for a change. We have had more than one Frame flex experience on the 06 3400 and now experiencing the same on our 13 3402. We have zero confidence in the integrity of the frame based on past experience and the experience of fellow MOC members as well as other forums. We are spending the $$ to protect against what we consider a near 100% chance of frame failure as we do put a lot of miles on this Montana.That is our experience and corrective actions it may not apply to anyone else.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote