View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 07:01 AM   #15
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NRA-Girl

"I know we can get into this made in the USA thing, but thats not even a valid argument today.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that statement and I hope that most others don't either. I think that's just defeatist and giving up.

I still try to buy American or partial American as much as I can. It sometimes takes work but I consider it my patriotic duty. When that fails I try to buy goods made by any one of our Allies. Sure my engine was assembled in Mexico. But lets be honest - it was assembled from a lot of American parts and supervised by an American company (Ford) My truck was built in the US and provides hundreds of good paying US jobs!

In any event, If this is my choice I'll gladly support a job in Mexico before I send money to China who is just going to use it all against us in the future. At least a job in Mexico helps to provide stability in our neighbor on our southern border and perhaps means one less person who needs to sneak in to the US.

I just got back from a trip to Yellowstone etc and blew two tires on my 5th wheel. On this - my first long trip - I learned the hard way that Montana uses cheap Chinese pieces of junk on their trailers. All to save a buck. So after the second tire went I realized what was going on and I put Goodyear 614 tires on the trailer. The rest of the way there and back went without tire issues. I didn't ask the tire guy if he could find me a good but cheaper foreign alternative.

I haven't spent a lot of time on this forum, but what I have seen is a recurring theme of people complaining how Montana uses cheap parts to save a buck. Then I see some posters doing the same thing that Montana supposedly is doing. Tires are arguably one of the most important safety parts of the trailer. Why would anyone look to do it "on the cheap"? I certainly don't. I want the best I can find.

BANOSML*

* Buy American Now Or Speak Mandarin Later

Thats some great rationalization . How many jobs do you think it cost american workers when ford went to Mexico. Probably the only reason they went to Mexico instead of China was shipping costs.

I am far from a defeatist , but there is a reality here if you haven't noticed . Maybe you have some solution you could share. For starters not buying that ford truck with the Mexican made motor . I hate to inform you ,but lost jobs on tires or motors, or regardless of country is lost jobs. Slice it anyway you like , but it comes up the same.

The key words here are " much as we can " until its something we want such as a Ford truck, then we go to rationalization.

PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote