View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mac, Vicki loves that 1/2 time oven so we replaced, as you mentioned, with a refurbished one from the distributor. Actually, it wasn't refurbished. It was a new one returned from an RV mfr because of a blemish. In our case, a couple of dimples on the back inside wall. Cost was $100 plus shipping. $116 total for us.

As for replacing it, the hardest part is removing the surrounding trim and that's not difficult. Remove some screws and take it off. Replacing the unit after that was a piece of cake for me by myself. Reach in and unplug the standard wall plug of the unit from the double wall socket inside the compartment. Lift up the microwave and pull it out. Ours has four cups on the floor of the compartment. The rubber feet of the microwave sit in those cups. Position the new one in those cups, plug it in, then put the trim back on. It took maybe 15 minutes, if that.

If you get something different I would think those cups could be moved to fit the new unit. I assume they're screwed in place but I didn't check that.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote