View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
2003 Dodge diesel winter maintenance

In preparation for putting my Dodge away for the winter I had the oil changed and the tires rotated, both were due any way. In the process of doing the work the service advisor advised me that the tech suggested I have the power steering fluid flushed as it was dirty. My brain went into defensive mode and I responded "no", just the oil change and tire rotation.

With two other guys in the waiting room, we all agreed that the service advisor would be back and guess what??? Now he tells me I have a fuel leak and would like to show it to me. The tech showed a dripping coming from near the water separator, a transmission line leak and a reversed wiring on one of my trailer connections.

The tranny leak I knew about from my last service and all agreed it was not life threatening, the reversed wiring is not a problem as I use the in bed connection when towing Monte but the fuel leak bothers me as I had no evidence of leak spots in my drive though there was obviously something leaking at the dealer.

As the Dodge will be parked for the winter I will concern myself with the problems when we get home. I forgot to mention that on the way home I remembered having the power steering flushed out two years ago. Is that someting that is normal? Is there anything else I should be concerned regarding my winterizing of the Dodge?

c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote