View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 06:17 PM   #20
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sboy View Post
I ride my tail-lowered full dresser in and out of the trailer. I do bring my air bags up to 50#...when I back out...just as Im ready to drop the rear tire onto the ramp, I put it in first gear and use the clutch to slow/stop on the way down. MUCH better than sliding the rear tire down the ramp!
Often in poor weather I cruise the camp ground for a dip in the road where the nose is up and tail down and take the bike out there. Same with a drive way...put your rear trailer tires down in the apron....always can find a good place if you're nervous or tired that day! I always remind myself - if you cant ride the bike up into the trailer - you probably shouldn't be riding anymore!
I could ride the bike up into the trailer if I went to the trouble to find the right spot but why go to the hassle. It isn't that hard to walk up beside it and then I am already off of it to make the transition and strap it down. My 1100 is a fairly light bike compared to some of the dressers. I don't feel like it is a test of my manhood to ride it up in there.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote