View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 11:51 PM   #4
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I know it's not a Gold wing but we carry a Honda 1100 Shadow AND two 10' kayaks with room to spare. I would think you could get the Gold wing and kayaks in there.

However, I do recommend that you consider building some sort of rack or something to keep the kayaks from falling against the motorcycle and scratching it. Perhaps a couple of straps running from the floor to the ceiling would be the ticket? I would also suggest a blanket or padding on the wall opposite of the kayaks so you won't scratch the bike on that side should you lean it too far while ratcheting the straps down. Its not a big issue on our cruiser but could be on your bagger.

I don't know how the height of our Memphis Shades windshield would compare to your bike but we only raise the bed up about 2" if that to clear same. And once we strap down the bike with ratchet straps we can lower the bed back down if we want to all the way till it bottoms out. The bed is a bit tall for short folks even when it is all the way down but it is a compromise we are happy to make for the garage!!

We were actually looking at getting a Can Am 3 wheeler and building something to hold the kayaks up above its fenders but alas the Can Am is literally 1" to wide to fit the garage (as is a standard side by side although a trail width will fit).........

Get a tape measure and make sure on anything though. And even then I would tell the RV dealership you will only buy after you put the bike and kayaks inside the garage just to be sure. I bet they will accommodate you and even help load them then!!

Oh yeah don't ride the bike into the garage. The ramp is a bit short and steep with your weight on the bike you might drag the bottom of the bike on the transition....And if you don't raise the bed enough you can bang your head too.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote