View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 09:24 AM   #3
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Hello David,
Welcome to the MOC forum. As you can see from my Sig. we are owners of the 335RLBS. We have been TT pullers for about 30 yrs. owning 5 TT's. We are delighted with our RLBS and would buy it again.
You hit on a important point about the storage. I don't think you'll find a comparable TT for storage. The models I may suggest for comparison are, the Jayco Designer 33FBS (available in 04 maybe discontinued 05) and the Cedar Creek 35LRLBS by Forest River. (Bring more $'s with you)
Pay attention to the holding tank sizes as well and watch that tongue weight. You should make sure you have a min. hitch capacity of 1200/12000 lb. rating on your reciever. On the RLBS expect your TT to have 1100+ lbs. of tongue wt. and 10,000+ loaded wt.
I don't know what your Yukon's CGVWR is, but your going to be close to its max. I would definitely weigh the Yukon with full gas tank, add cargo weight and passenger wts. then add 1100 lbs. of tongue wt. and see how close you are to your GVWR posted on door jam.
GM has also done some trick stuff on these SUV's, like Quadra Steer, Automatic Leveling System and Traction Control. Not sure if this stuff is a good or bad thing for TT pulling. Do a search on this Forum. Look up "Rollover" in the Search box at top of page.
Buy a good EQ ( at least 12000 lb) system with sway control. I don't recommend friction sway control for this size TT. Get something better.
Well I hope this info helps.
Above all BE SAFE and Happy Trails
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote