View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I got rid of the DPF and the EGR. In other words about all of the emission controls. The EGR delete was about $300 and the tuner and straight pipe to get rid of the EGR was about $1200. With my tuner I have at least 30 different tunes. They range from no HP increase to 310 rear wheel increase, EGR DPF on or off. I use the 210 HP tow tune with DPF and EGR off. That tune gives me a little over 600 fly wheel HP and a little over 1100 pound feet of torque. I use it because it is a nice safe tune, The engine and transmission can easily handle the horse power and toque and it leaves all the Ford built in safe guards in place. The main reason I tuned my truck was I had 13% fuel in the oil and Ford couldn't help me. The Chevys don't have this problem, they have a 9th injector that Ford and Dodge don't have. If you have a Ford or Dodge and you have your oil checked you might be surprised at what you find. I was shocked. Where you find a problem is when you don't let the engine go through its complete regen cycle like has been talked about here. I didn't tune for more power but it is nice. People say you don't need that much power but I've never heard anybody say their truck had too much power.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote