View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 05:07 AM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Steve on your statement, "Your refrigerator will not run on electric if you disconnect the battery", did you mean "Your refrigerator will not run on 12v if you disconnect the battery"?

et2 your refrigerator runs on 12v if you are using propane, but 110v if you use A/C (alternating current).
Art, I did not say that well at all. My understanding is the refrigerator will not run on either 110v or propane if it does not have 12v to the control board. I am not an expert and may be wrong but I'm pretty sure. I have not yet read the subsequent posts below yours. By the time I'd finish, I'd forget to write this so will write it now. I may find in the subsequent posts I'm incorrect.

After reading the other posts I still think you have to have a battery (or charger) inline and that the converter will charge the battery and does not otherwise provide 12v to the appliances. And that 12v is needed to the control board for the fridge to operate. The best way to find out is to remove the cables from the battery, plug in to 110v and see if the fridge runs.

Like NCFischers, when we were weekenders/vacationers, when not winterized we'd leave the rig plugged in all the time with the fridge running all the time. I found it much easier than trying to cool down the fridge just before a trip. We had no problems with the fridge. I don't know if that's the best way, but it worked well for us.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote