Thread: Carlisle Tires
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Interesting. I have heard good and bad things about Carlisle. I had Carlisles on a pre-owned TT and experienced terrible problems. But they were old and may not have been treated by the previous owner very well. I was constantly filling up the air in them so I think they were in bad shape when I took over the rig. I bought it two years old, had it for two years and the date code showed the tires as over 5 years old. I also stored the trailer in the open, tires uncovered in hot Southern California and wouldn't check the pressure until I towed the trailer to my house 6 miles on city streets before I could check the pressure (remember I ALWAYS had to refill them, so I drove the TT home on low tires) because there was no where on the way home for me to do this. I now have a generator and a nice compressor so I can check before moving my Monty.

Others have said they have had good luck with their Carlisles and have purchased them once again - but again these were on smaller trailers with GVWR under 10K. No experience from me on larger rigs.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote