View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have been fulltiming for just short of 33 months and about 40,000 miles. We would not hesitate to do it again with a Montana. We have not been without problems. Those that relate to your question --

1. We wore out the shackles, the spring hangers. Keystone replaced them with the newer ones at no charge to us despite our rig being 3 years old, well out of warranty. They have gone to stronger shackles after hearing about a shackle problem in this forum. I would not expect the newer ones to have this problem.

2. We've had some freezing problems with our water lines in temperatures as high as 12 or 13 degrees Fahrenheit. We've done some things to eliminate that on our 2003 model. Keystone read about these problems that some of us had and made some changes. When we did the factory tour last May they told us they have moved the water lines to up just under the floor where they get the most heat in the belly and they do not touch the metal frame (they touch on ours and that's one of two places we froze up). The other place we froze up was the low point drains hanging below the rig on ours. I heat taped those and stopped that problem. Keystone moved the low point drains on the newer models to inside the basement storage area. That area gets some heat and this keeps them from freezing.

This is our third Nov/Dec in the Kansas City area in this rig. We've had temperatures down to minus 5. This winter we've had temp down to minus 3 and several days with highs in the low to mid teens. The furnace does an excellent job of keeping us comfortable inside the coach, although it will use considerable propane doing so.

This is just our experience but I'm convinced this is the best rig for us and I'm very pleased with how Keystone has addressed problems pointed out in this forum. Plus how they've taken care of their customers.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote