Thread: GPS/ phone apps
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 04:17 PM   #11
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjustice View Post
Related question. Which is best - an RV GPS or the Semi GPS?
I have wondered about that myself. We need a MOC member who is or was a trucker to answer that one! I bet he could also give us some insight on low bridge avoidance! If we don't have anyone, I will eventually catch up with some truckers as we are always stopping at truck stops when we are towing. Just so much easier to get around at a truck stop with a 42' RV in tow. My one thought is that a trucker version may or may not have RV campgrounds on it??

We bought the Good Sam GPS (I don't recall the exact brand or model off top of my head) and it has a lot of RV related info on it for sure. I particularly like the next exit information that helps with rest/fuel/food stops! And unlike a trucker version it has campsites! I like the screen being larger than a phone and it is a dedicated nav. device so you don't lose it when you answer the phone or cell signal. However, we don't solely rely on that one unit. We also use our phones and laptops and pre-trip as much as possible. And I still keep a fairly current Road Atlas handy which is useful for seeing the BIG picture.
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote