View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 03:54 PM   #21
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
I'm concerned about the draw of the JC 12v system...
We do boondock and the normal for us is to use propane when off grid. Even with the Solar 1200 with 510ah of battery, when I left the RV fridge on 12v one time, it drained most of the batteries within a day.

But, like others, the RV fridge performance is not good in the heat.

So, I'm trying to narrow down what impact the JC system has on the batteries. Does anyone have the info on how much current the 12v JC system draws?
Related, does the JC gas/elect system use the same efficient 12v compressor along with a propane option?
I'm sure they can answer the above, but hoping to get some "real world" feedback from forum members, especially relating to their 12v system and boondocking.

Thanks in advance!
Brad
I would call JC Refrigeration on this. I believe it is about a 6 amp draw when the compressor is running ( I have one compressor), which cycles when at temp. I don't boondock much but when I do, I run the generator twice a day, in morning till fully charged back up and just before I head off to bed with batteries fully charged. Had no issues with dead batteries. (150 amp deep cycle golf cart battery).
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote