View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
Mine has never been indoors. I wash with turtle wax zip wax several times a year, clean/scrub the roof and check roof caulking once a year. Wax with Meguiars quick wax once a year and Pledge on the graphics. Polish with Nu-Finish as needed. If I'm not snow birding in it I will winterize it in late October. I will shut off the water supply to the hot water tank and drain it, and then run RV antifreeze through all the water lines till the antifreeze comes out the low point drains (about 3 gallons of antifreeze), open all holding tank valves and make sure fresh water tank is empty. I make sure that all contents inside the can be damaged by freezing temps is taken out. Lastly I make sure all the roof vents are closed and take out the battery and bring it indoors and give it a good charge for the winter. I do not cover it because I was told once that covers do not let the trailer breath. What ever happens to the trailer in the winter happens and I will deal with it in the spring. I'm pretty sure this is all I do to winterize it. Not much you can do to fight Mother Nature. I live in NE Ohio, our winters can be brutal. The winter of 2014/15 we had temps to -25 degrees and feet of snow. My (at the time) 10 year old Monty came through it unscathed. In 40 years of RVing I have had no problems.
gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote