View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The pictures finally!! (EMS, Autoformer, etc.)

Finally got 'r dun Here is the photo album of the install of last winter's electrical protection and front receptacle project. The schematic was posted previously, but for those who are unfamiliar here is a brief narrative desription. The system installed consists of a Hughes 50 amp Autoformer and a Progressive Industries 50 amp hard wired electrical management system that includes surge protection, high and low voltage protection, open ground protection, etc. The system was installed in conjunction with a new front receptacle to allow me to hook-up and run a generator carried in the bed of the pick-up while towing. For that reason the front receptacle input line was isolated from the autoformer. The autoformer was installed in-line with the back receptacle with plugs so that the Autoformer can be isolated from that line (line can be plugged together) in the event I hook a generator up to the rear. Both of the feeds go into the Iota Smartswitch when then outputs to the rig through the EMS system. All systems have proven themselves already since I ran the generator on the way to and from the NE rally to run the Air Conditioner for the dog and cat which we haul in the rig in pet cages (with a temperature monitor that reads in the truck). The Autoformer and EMS are functioning as designed. The only thing I have not completed is to install the remote digital display into the rig itself. It monitors and displays volts, amps, HZ, and errors for both L-1 and L-2 of the 50 amp or other feeds. The album is located at:
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion%20Install/
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote