View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 05:58 PM   #83
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
The difference is that he's not advocating or lobbying for tighter RV regs or higher tariffs or more difficult licensing requirements. He's not pushing for things that will hurt his own industry. He just an idiot who did something stupid for which he should be punished...certainly more than he was.

That doesn't change the fact that his company, with all of his blue collar employees who are putting in a good day's work so they can earn a living, puts out a good product that is beneficial to this industry. I didn't buy my hitch because the company is great or because the CEO is a stand up guy. I bought it because it works and make my drive smother, hookups easier, and install/removal easier on my back. I own one because it helps me.

I can separate the issues. The guy should be horse whipped and caned. But his workers make a nice hitch. It's just business. If he were a political leader, or a religious leader, then to me his character and actions should impact his role and he should possibly be removed from leadership. Does his company have a board of directors? Perhaps there are other consequences that we don't know about.

If we stopped buying products from companies whose CEO's or owners did something stupid, immoral, or even illegal then there would likely be very few items you could actually buy.