View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #245
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
AV upgrades: I'm a techie/gadget guy so it goes without saying that something had to be done with the entertainment system in the 381. The Furrion DV3300 receiver actually isn't half bad. Not great power, but the integration and basic functionality is not bad.

I'm still debating the TV. It's not terrible for a basic TV. Even watching sports, there's no ghosting and obvious faults. Replacing it would definitely be an improvement, but with all that's going on I'm not sure I feel like taking it on right now.

Then there's sound. The TV's speakers are among the worst I've ever heard! Plugging it into the DV3300 is a massive improvement, but those tiny Furrion speakers just aren't very good at all.

I tried 3 (yes, three) sound bars and finally arrived at the Klipsch RSB-6 (https://amzn.to/2qJK4Fw). Sitting it on the front of the TV top it fits perfectly when the TV is up. The sound is a gargantuan improvement with the previously missing lows coming from a wireless sub tucked away behind the recliners (probably not ideal placement for audiophiles, but convenient for we RVers).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-04-20 11.14.24.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	1549  

The Aviators TV Website | Facebook Page | YouTube Channel
Streaming Episodes (iTunes, Google Play, Amazon)
OutlawPilot is offline   Reply With Quote