View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Scattershot, I was not saying your idea was bad, just that you shouldn't have had to take your money and buy new tires on a new unit. As I inferred, I am glad you were pro-active and took measures to keep your family safe. OH, and my wife said I was about $30,000 too low on my $$ figure.
Here is something to think about, Keystone knew about the Mission tires in 2004. My Keystone Sprinters tires failed on our new trailer, I blew one on the highway, it tore out my brake wiring on the passenger side. No brakes on the right side of the trailer, and one tire holding it up. The others had tread separation, I was held up in a small town, drove 100 miles to get new tires..in the middle of nowhere. This deal cost me 3 days camping plus all the changing labor, and 5 new tires. I had to discard the tires to continue my trip.
What will happen when two tires blow on the same side of a trailer going 60 miles an hour...or more??
Loss of control will happen, possibly a trailer on it's side, along with the truck.
berridge, this was a few years ago, like I stated, on a Keystone Sprinter trailer, so it is very widespread.
It needs to be addressed. Bob, I will send a copy of this thread to NHTSA when our members post their experiences. Every week there are numerous posts about Mission tire failure. I know Mission tires have cost me a great deal of money.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote