View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #13
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Judy,

I just happened to call Verizon last night. My card kept going dormant and was running very slow. Sometimes saying it was connected and nothing would happen. Finally called them last night and found out that they have changed the software two or three times since I have had my card. My sugestion would be to call tech support and have them walk you through so you can get the update. Seems that the update part of the program is just for the phone numbers and linking of the card. The update software is a whole other sight and you will have to download it, saving it as a file. Then install it after you disconnect and close the program as it is not automatic. Also have them show you how to connect to the system only through the "options" and "run wizard" in the VZaccess program. This will let choose only the air card to cell tower option, keeping any of the other wireless options from entering your system. One thing nice is you also do have the option of running free WiFi with this card if a cell tower is not available. Any questions after that PM me I would be willing to help out. I have the Audiovox PC5740 card and is flying a mach speed once again.

Tom
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote