Thread: Insurance, etc.
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 03:41 AM   #71
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Dave,

I was talking to Bob about how replacement cost would work on a RV. If it was on a home and you had damage to your roof it would just pay for a new roof less your deductible. The insurance company could hold out depreciation until you had the repairs done and then they send you a second check.

Your RV policy could pay out differently on replacement cost coverage. If your RV was damaged by hail it could pay to have it fixed less deductible. If the RV was totaled I am not sure how it would work without being able to see the policy. I know the Foremost policy is broader than the State Farm policy that we presently have. I would call and ask the agent to point you to the wording in the policy about how it would deal with a total loss. The agent might not have the answer for you, but they could call the claims department and get a clarification on how the claim would be paid out.

It is important that you are getting the correct coverage. There is nothing worse than thinking you have coverage only to find out when you have a loss that you won't get any help from your insurance company. This is when people get angry at the adjuster and the company and think they are getting ripped off. Steve makes a great point in the shipping charges, that would come into play if the RV was totaled.

Sorry I can't give you a direct answer but I wouldn't want to give you incorrect information on such an important issue. Without the policy I am just guessing, I should say Bob would be guessing.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote