Thread: Insurance, etc.
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 04:05 AM   #64
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Dave,

Here are the answers to my questions. Rembember that our Montana is written on a State Farm Auto Insurance policy which gives you depreciated not replacement cost coverage. We will not be renewing with them next year unless they drop the insured amount of value so we aren't paying for imaginery coverage. These answers would apply to any RV that is written on an auto policy in Texas.

They do not cover your antenna or your awnings on the policy unless you add an endorsement that insures them for a stated amount.

Your items that are in your Montana when you purchased it (day of PDI), couch, relcliner etc., are considered part of the unit and are not considered contents. If you replace a recliner with a new one it is still considered part of your Montana and is not contents. Our contents is not covered by the auto policy. We do have a 10% extension from our homeowners so we get coverage that way. That coverage is replacement cost coverage but does have a deductible.

You would be surprized what you have in your Montana if you had to replace every piece of clothing etc in it. Make a list of what you have and then when out shopping get some prices of what they cost and then come up with a figure. Remember you won't be using a depreciated price on that pair of shoes or shorts in the drawer.

Our umbrella policy will cover us inside and outside in the event someone should hurt themselves. The policy also covers us when we are towing the Montana are involved in some type of accident.

Upon renewal of our coverage next year I will be reviewing coverage by companies that write coverages for replacement cost vs depreciated. As long as we have a brick house we maybe better off writing it under the automobile policy. For people that are full timing like you Foremost or other companies mentioned would probably give you the broader coverage. The one coverage I would be most worried about would be the what if coverage..... what if I had a wreck and I hit someone or was involved in a 10 car pile up. The liability exposure could be alot.

Just curious what questions you asked of your agent and what replies you got?

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote