Thread: Dates on tires!
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 05:31 AM   #1
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Dates on tires!

A couple of days ago we were camping at Lincoln Rock State Park in Wenatchee Wa. I was talking to a Montana owner to get him to join the forum and he started to say that his rig was a 2012 Montana that he ordered new from the factory. On the way out west the guy towing had a flat and had towed it quite a while with it flat as he rolled the wheel over enough that they could not get at the lug nuts... They put the spare on and towed the rest of the way fixing the damage when it was in Tacoma. After they said everything was fixed he had another flat and replaced all the tires finding out the tires that can on the trailer were manufactured 7 years before he bought it.. At that time they also found out that the first flat had tore up the mor-ryde suspension which the dealer did not fix..
I know folks need to inspect before they but 7 year old tires.... I can not believe Montana would let them out the door with those tires on it. I also know that there is going to be 50 replies to this post commenting about PDI, but not everyone going to buy a 5th wheel is going to spend a day or two going over every inch to make sure Montana QC dept. had done their job before the trailer left the factory... I ask how many people on this site think twice about taking delivery of their new Dodge, Ford or Chevy because they need to make sure the QC dept did their job.